Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flex cable

I have a macbook pro 13" mid 2012 model with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor running OSX 10.11.5 The machine has 4 GB RAM.

I bought it last year in May, and things were great until October when I had it suddenly restart, and not boot with the flashing folder with question mark. I took the device to an Apple servicing centre, and they replaced the flex cable. Things were working great until December, when again I had the same problem. Another trip to the service centre and the problem is fixed.

The problem recurred in March and last week on Saturday as well. Every time the flex cable was changed. This last time I went to the servicing centre, I met another person who was facing the same issue (except with a lot more frequency - once a month). I would like to know why would the flex cable fail so often?

Is there any way to try and fix it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on May 3, 2016 10:15 PM

2 replies

Flex cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.