Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iklear damage the coating of my macbook 2006. how to fix?

I used iklear screen cleaning kit to clean the screen of my black macbook 2006 model and damage the coating of my screen and leave a smear. trying to remove the smear but just making it worse.any help?!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on May 3, 2016 11:25 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2016 11:20 AM in response to arzel_86

You may have to contact the makers and distributors of the iKlear line of product

to inquire if they have any recommendation of how to resolve this issue, if their

product could be determined to be a cause, or not.

If someone were to have used another product to clean the surface at some point in

the past, and damages occurred, the second product may have only masked or

could have hidden a problem until the original damages were worse.

Not sure what they may say, but I'd suspect something else was put on the computer

then later the iKlear product. You can see how to contact their customer service, etc:

http://www.klearscreen.com/

http://www.klearscreen.com/pages/about-us

The polycarbonate white plastic on the MacBook 13-inch 2006-2010 build era is a

very durable product for the most part. My first model MacBook1.1 1.83GHz coreduo

from 2006 is like new. And I don't use anything on the outside case but a rare clean

with some vinegar-based surface cleaner, sprayed lightly first to dampen wiping cloth.

And same thing for the display, never sprayed on the computer directly.

Over the span of years 2006 through 2010, the polycarbonate 'white plastic' did vary

in color and some versions may have been slightly harder or softer. Some users had

mentioned their MacBook (build model unspecified) had cracks in the case, etc. While

other users did not have the problem.

If there were any original offers to replace any case components for that series, they

would have already expired some time ago. A computer shop may be able to suggest

some kind of product to try to make the surface of the polycarbonate look better. You

may also look into items used with lexan (motorcycle windshield cleaner & polish) etc.

The delamination of the display protective layer is another matter, the panel is one

part to be replaced. See powerbookmedic among other repair services for costs.

Sorry to not be of much help in this matter.

Good luck! 🙂

Iklear damage the coating of my macbook 2006. how to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.