Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.3.1 Mail - Mark As Read

So i was plagued with over 4gb of storage being used up by 'other' on my iphone 5S running IOS 8.1 which i loved, so the idea was to wipe all data off my phone and then do a restore....

Well....whilst performing a factory reset on my phone it decided to start doing a boot loop error, blue screen apple logo blue screen apple logo....GREAT!

The only way i could recover my phone by allowing iTunes (which i hate) to restore my phone with the 'oh so fantastic' IOS 9.3.1

Now although my phone is mostly restored to how it was i have issues with the mail app! I send over 100 emails a day and now i cant mark any of them as 'read'

See the screen shots below (and before any asks yes i HAVE set up the swipe to settings, deleted the account, re-added the account, done a soft reset, hard reset, cleared the ram, chuck it on the floor etc)

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

THANKS APPLE FOR RUINING A PERFECTLY GOOD PHONE

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:04 AM

3 replies

May 4, 2016 1:04 AM in response to RockstarKB

This has only occurred AFTER a restore, Ive already deleted and re-added the account

I'm not deleting all my settings just to see what happens

If apple just allowed me to put the IOS version back on it that was already on there (i don't see why this is not an option) then everything would be fine. Now i have a much slower phone with an IOS i don't like

IOS 9.3.1 Mail - Mark As Read

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.