Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Keychain Menu - No Options/Advanced buttons!

My iPhone 5S is updated on the latest iOs 9.3.1

When i go to Settings --> iCloud --> Keychain -->

I only see iCloud Keychain there with the slide left/right green/grey button.

There is no advanced button below like in this website:

User uploaded file

All i see is this:

User uploaded file

Can anyone help?

I had called into Apple and all they suggested was this link: If you enter your iCloud Security Code incorrectly too many times - Apple Support and waiting for 30min to see if the buttons magically appear, which clearly wouldn't, even after I restarted my computer/iPhone/iPad.

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:18 AM

i have a similar problem for the Mac version of iCloud under System Preferences - which i have posted here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7552407

2 replies

Nov 17, 2016 2:04 AM in response to polluted85

If you use two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, your device is trusted when you sign in. You won’t need to approve your device separately to turn on iCloud Keychain. So you cannot see Advanced option. To display it, you can follow the steps below to turn off two-factor authentication.

Step 1: Go to Apple ID account page.

Step 2: Sign in with your Apple ID account and Password.

You will get a message with a verification code in your trusted device. Enter the code to continue.

Step 3: Then click Edit in the Security section.

How to Turn off Two-factor Authentication for your Apple ID

Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security for your Apple ID, when you remove this extra layer of of security, you will only be asked for a password when you sign in. Here will show you how to turn off two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.

Turn off two-factor authentication for your Apple ID

If you turn off two-factor authentication, your account will be protected only with your password and security questions. You can follow the steps below to turn off two-factor authentication.

Step 1: Go to Apple ID account page.

Step 2: Sign in with your Apple ID account and Password.

You will get a message with a verification code in your trusted device. Enter the code to continue.

Step 3: Then click Edit in the Security section.

Step 4: Click on Turn off Two-factor Authentication link.

You need create new security questions. After done, click Continue to verify your date of birth, then verify you rescuing email. After done, two-factor authentication was turned off.

iCloud Keychain Menu - No Options/Advanced buttons!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.