Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer purchases from regular account to icloud account ?

Hi guys,

I have been using iPhone for years now, where I had my iTunes user (let's call it USER123 , without any domain with it), and this USER123 has all my iTunes and AppStore purchases for years.

After that, I made the iCloud account (USER123@icloud.com), which for Apple is considered as another user than (USER123), where I use the iCloud account for all my data, facetime, iMessage, backup ... etc

Just few days ago, Apple forced me to use an Email instead of USER123, and I ended up with the (USERX@yahoo.com) instead of (USER123).

So now, I have for iCloud (USER123@icloud.com) and for iTunes/AppStore (USERX@yahoo.com).

Is there a way that I can move my purchases from (USERX@yahoo.com , Previously USER123) to (USER123@icloud.com), so that I can have the iCloud apple ID as the one and only account for all my Apple data ?

Note: I can't change the email account of (USERX@yahoo.com) to (USER123@icloud.com) from Apple ID management (https://appleid.apple.com/)

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 1:25 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2016 7:32 AM in response to luay1985

Two ways you can go, I recommend way 2

1. You can create family share where yahoo is organizer and icloud is member. Would work better if icloud account was used in itunes store.

2. I would if icloud account was never used in itunes, which seems to be your case just drop it.

If you purchase any storage - cancel and sign out on all of your devices and sign back in with yahoo.

2-3 days later you will have all of your things backed up on yahoo account which is going to be your itunes/icloud and

no need to remember 2 accounts.

How to transfer purchases from regular account to icloud account ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.