Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10.2.2 - The audio engine was unable to process all required data in time.

Hello,

I have been working perfectly on my MBP until last night. Shut it down overnight, then this morning when I started working, no matter how simple or complex a Logic Pro X project I open, I get this message after only 2 - 3 second: "System Overload. The audio engine was unable to process all required data in time."

Anyone experienced this all of a sudden? I have rarely seen this message in the past, probably with projects exceeding 30 - 40 channels of VSTs and plug-ins.

Now I can't even play a song with a voice and a guitar.

I did not modify any settings or anything. Could it be the processor or the RAM?

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro 15-inch mid 2012

Processor 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

SSD 512Gb SATA Drive

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F1712)

Logic Pro X

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:33 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 5:59 AM in response to electric brother

First thing, verify how much free space is on that internal drive. I assume you're putting all your media and projects and stuff on it. 512 GB is small, and it could simply be filling up. All connected drives, especially the system drive, require at least 15% of the total capacity left as free space. You have plenty of RAM, not an issue really.

Otherwise;

Logic Pro X: System Overload messages - Apple Support

May 13, 2016 6:47 AM in response to BenB

Thanks Ben,

I always have at least 100Gb free. Even now, it has over 200 Gb free from the 512.

So that shouldn't be a problem. Especially since the project I am talking about worked fine up to a point. I didn't change anything from one day to another in terms of disk space or anything else. Just fired up the laptop again one day and it was choking on this project.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks for your help!

Logic Pro X 10.2.2 - The audio engine was unable to process all required data in time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.