Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to "piece" together my iphone backup after being recovered from hard drive

Hi. (its my first time here)

My windows 10 was acting up so i copied all my data off and decided to do a reset. It was only after that that i realized my iphone backup was on it. Now that wouldnt be a problem on a normal day as all i have to do is just backup my iphone again and il have a backup on my computer. Now here comes the twist, i sold my iphone last week and am expecting to buy one this week so I dont have a working version as well😢. Anyway i immediately did a data recovery on my hard drive using recuva and i now have various files from my hard drive which all look greek to me. I dont need anything else except for my backed up itunes files. So how do i filter all my itunes file backups out of the recovered data and put them together to have a working back up?

All suggestions will be of great help to me

Posted on May 4, 2016 2:11 AM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2017 5:08 AM in response to rahish_J

Hi everyone, I too had the same issue. I also purchased iPhone backup extractor by reincubate. I trialled a few different options (free version first) to see which one picked up the most data. This one was the best. Oh, and I did get my Whattsapp messages back!!

I also used this guide to follow to finally get my data across to my new phone. There are many plenties of advise on how to transfer back to iPhone etc, i found this one the easiest. How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat Data and Photos from iPhone to Android - YouTube

Good luck

May 5, 2016 9:23 AM in response to rahish_J

Hello rahish_J,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you've used a data recovery program to restore data, and now you want to recover your iPhone back ups. I suggest that you put the backups from your recovered data into the file location below, which should make them appear as an option to restore from in iTunes.

Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10

Find device backups in \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

To quickly access the Application Data folder:

1. Locate the search bar.
    Windows Vista or Windows 7: Click Start.
    Windows 8: Click the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner.
    Windows 10: Click the search bar next to the Start button.
  2. In the search bar, type:
    %appdata%
  3. Press Return.
  4. Double-click these folders: Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backup.

Find and manage your iTunes backups

Take care.

May 12, 2016 8:34 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi

I got my iphone today and put the files in the location but itunes does not detect any backup and when i plug my iphone it sets up as a new phone and itunes doesnt give me the option to restore. The files i put in the location are files that i sorted from the recovered data. I sorted them by file type and copied it to the location and i also added the others like info.plist. I would really appreciate your help as i dont have anything else besides those files to restore my iphone😟

Oct 19, 2016 4:44 AM in response to rahish_J

To anyone who was in the same situation I was in and needs help i recommend using a backup extractor software to get most of your data back. I ended up using iphone backup extractor by reincubate.

Managed to get my contacts, messages, whatsapp chats and all media like pictures and videos.

Had to use my email account to link my contacts but unfortunately could not import my whatsapp chats back to my phone.

How to "piece" together my iphone backup after being recovered from hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.