Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with my iPhone 6s plus battery. When it gets to less than 30% the phone will shutdown and will not restart unless I connect it to the charger. Once it restarts it shows the same battery percentage as before it shutdown.

I have an ongoing problem with my iPhone 6s plus battery. I have had "support" from Apple telling me there is nothing wrong with the battery, I've been to the store and had them test it, and I have had two replacements and they have all done the same thing, even starting the replacement up as a new phone so that there are no apps that might be contributing to the problem. I repeatedly told them it was their software problem but they said they had "never heard of anyone having this problem". I didn't update to the latest software to see if the problem still occurred and at first it didn't, but then it was back to shutting down at 30% or less even though there was adequate power to continue for much longer. I updated to the latest version because it referred to a "correction of battery problems". Unfortunately it made no difference at all. I have had iPhones for many years and have always been a fan, but my next phone will be a Samsung unless Apple admit to their problem and sort it out.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, battery problems

Posted on May 4, 2016 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:36 AM

When you got the additional phones did you restore from backup or set up as a new device? If the former, then that's most likely your problem.

Restore phone and setup as a new device and be on your way.

P.S. None of your fellow users on these forums really care if you get a samsung and I'm sure Apple will do just fine w/out you as a customer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 7:36 AM in response to lynfromdevon

When you got the additional phones did you restore from backup or set up as a new device? If the former, then that's most likely your problem.

Restore phone and setup as a new device and be on your way.

P.S. None of your fellow users on these forums really care if you get a samsung and I'm sure Apple will do just fine w/out you as a customer.

May 4, 2016 7:45 AM in response to Templeton Peck

In response to your answer to my problem, you obviously didn't read it properly as I stated that I had started both replacements as NEW PHONES! It made no difference as I also stated. As to the PS you gave I'm not really interested if Apple or the forum care whether I get a Samsung or not. But Apple will care if a large proportion of customers, who have the same problem as myself, desert Apple. Whether they do or not remains to be seen, but making such stupid comments about the problem is not in the least bit helpful to anyone.

What would be helpful is if the people with an issue over the battery drain etc., of which there are many, got together as a group to put the point across to Apple so they might finally decide to sort it out.

I have a problem with my iPhone 6s plus battery. When it gets to less than 30% the phone will shutdown and will not restart unless I connect it to the charger. Once it restarts it shows the same battery percentage as before it shutdown.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.