Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote app cannot connect to iTunes without internet

In my case I am trying to use Remote app while MacBook Pro 2010 and iPhone are connected to WiFi network without Internet (Access Point in Behringer XR18 digital mixer console) - MacBook is located on stage, and I'd like to control it remotely to start playback/minus.

Running latest iOS and Remote app on iPhone, latest iTunes on MacBook.

Even when I connect MacBook to WiFi hot-spot in my iPhone - it won't function the app on iPhone says I'm not connected to WiFi.

The only solution so far is to use another iPhone as hot-spot, connect my iPhone and MacBook to that iPhone - this works, however this is very inconvenient, because iPhone disconnects from WiFi in sleep-mode and when it wakes by default it connects to available regular (non-hot-spot) network - the AP in XR18, so I have to open Settings app and choose correct WiFi network, then switch back to Remote App and wait for it to refresh connection to iTunes - which causes delay and is bad for live performances.

I cannot disable AP, because I need it to control the XR18 console itself with my iPad.

I tried to use Infrared Apple Remote (MBP 2010 still has IR port) - the issue is that it has no Rewind Control and I need go to Next song not automatically, but when band is ready for next song. And then iOS Remote is much more convenient - as I see what I am starting, instead of blindly skipping to next song.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 4:31 AM

1 reply

Remote app cannot connect to iTunes without internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.