Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot access my ITunes on old pc due to out of memory 4g on Vista operating system, and may have issue due to Files locked within Ffv files, and don't know how to open them? Can I access ITunes from another computer/ pc?

I Cannot access ITunes on old pc with Vista and my file locked in Ffv file and cannot open. Can I access ITunes from another computer?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 4, 2016 5:46 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2016 12:14 PM in response to nln691

My recommendation would be to copy the entire iTunes folder to an external drive, then copy that into your other computer. See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy for a suggested method to keep a backup copy of your library in sync with the original.

Your mention of files being locked to Ffv sounds reminiscent of a problem that occasionally occurs with iTunes installations. Perhaps the same fix would help you too.

Should you find that all of your desktop shortcuts have turned into links to the iTunes application download and apply

the lnk registry fix from www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html.

As far as I can tell the same patch is applicable to Vista.

tt2

I cannot access my ITunes on old pc due to out of memory 4g on Vista operating system, and may have issue due to Files locked within Ffv files, and don't know how to open them? Can I access ITunes from another computer/ pc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.