Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to automatically delete old calendar events

i use ical for all my appointments and there used to be an option in the old versions to set up an auto delete after a set time, this new ical doesn't do that anymore. there are now limits on the number of events stored in iCloud so every couple of months i now have to put a full stop in the search area and then select a long list of old events to delete or ical won't sync. why has it got worse and is there and automated option yet? if not why not?

Posted on May 4, 2016 5:53 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2016 9:34 AM in response to oojufink

Oojufink,

Your method to delete old events is the only one that I am aware of. My Calendar application contains a fraction of the maximum, so I want to keep them as long as possible.

There is a selection in iCloud>Calendar App>Preferences...>Advanced which is listed as "Old Events" "Hide Events" XX "days after the've passed," but since I do not use that option, I don't know if they are actually hidden, or deleted to make room for additional entries. Give it a try and let us know what happens.

Alternatively you could create calendars for specific time frames, i.e. 2016, First Quarter...etc..

Edit: ...and then manually delete the calendars after a specific time interval.

User uploaded file

how to automatically delete old calendar events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.