Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it a violation of the EULA to downgrade using IPSW?

I heard people downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1 before it is no longer signed. And sometimes, I even really wanted to downgrade my iPhone 4 from iOS 7.1.2 to iOS 4 since it may be much faster, and we get the older UI. Is it a violation to use SHSH blobs? I am kind of curious.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1, White Gold

Posted on May 4, 2016 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 6:24 AM

If you get the ipsw file from anywhere but Apple, it's a violation of the EULA and might even be, in some circumstances, theft.

9 replies

May 4, 2016 6:36 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I actually am curious if we can downgrade iOS, and is it illegal (like when iOS 9.3 was released), and on April 1-14, when we still have iOS 9.2.1 being signed, and we want to downgrade from 9.3 or upgrade from 9.0, is that possible? And is SHSH blobs illegal? I heard that I can downgrade iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS to the oldest firmwares.

May 4, 2016 6:40 AM in response to iOSAndroidRebel

iOSAndroidRebel wrote:

I actually am curious if we can downgrade iOS, and is it illegal (like when iOS 9.3 was released), and on April 1-14, when we still have iOS 9.2.1 being signed, and we want to downgrade from 9.3 or upgrade from 9.0, is that possible? And is SHSH blobs illegal? I heard that I can downgrade iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS to the oldest firmwares.

As it is no longer April, any questions about what might have been are pointless.

No, you can't downgrade your iPhone 4.

Is it a violation of the EULA to downgrade using IPSW?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.