Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad has a distorted display issue after going through airport xray security. How do i fix this?

My iPad has a distorted display issue after going through airport security xray. How can i restore a clear display screen?

iPad, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 6:16 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2016 6:18 AM in response to kenfromwestport

Start with a forced restart of the iPad. No data is affected by this.

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that doesn't help, a description of the distorted display could be helpful. A screenshot would help as well.

May 4, 2016 6:20 AM in response to kenfromwestport

The fact that you're having screen problems on your iPad went through an Xray are related only in as much as they occurred around the same time. Unless, of course, some sort of impact occurred while the iPad was going through the machine.

Can you explain what you mean by "a distorted display issue"? What exactly are you seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Have you restarted? Done a forced restart (press and hold the Home and power buttons until the apple appears, then let go and allow to finish starting)?

My iPad has a distorted display issue after going through airport xray security. How do i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.