Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unchecked songs keep coming back as checked

everytime i remove certain songs, they keep coming back as checked.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 6:35 AM

5 replies

May 10, 2016 1:34 AM in response to nfl01

I have the same problem--have had for more than a year, at minimum. I have almost 49 GB of music on my MacBook, I sync most of it to my iPhone 6, using a cable (never Wi-Fi). What I don't want to sync every time is about 3 GB of holiday music. I sync to my phone that around the holidays, but the rest of the year, I uncheck those songs on iTunes--I don't really want to hear "RuPaul The Red-Nosed Drag Queen" or "Christmas At the Trailer Park" when I'm shuffling tunes from my entire list of songs, in July. Again and again, I sync my iPhone with my MacBook, and a bunch of the unchecked songs show up checked again--and they're still on my iPhone. Some of them are entire albums that I've downloaded from iTunes, but some are just random songs. It doesn't happen right away--but after a few syncs over a few weeks, I'll notice that a bunch of the holiday songs are checked again. I haven't seen it work the other way--I've never seen any checked songs become unchecked.

Here are my devices:

MacBook Pro 15 Retina 15-inch 2.3 GHZ

OS X El Capitan

iTunes 12.3.3.17

iPhone 6 128 GB

iOS 9.3.1

I DO have "Sync only checked songs and videos" checked in iTunes.

I do NOT have "iCloud Music Library" checked in iTunes on my MacBook, or on my iPhone.

I do NOT have Genius turned on in iTunes on my MacBook, or on my iPhone.

I am NOT an Apple Music member, never have been.

I DO have an iTunes Match account. I used to use it play my music through iTunes on my PC at work. Then I got an iPhone with 128 GB and a Bluetooth speaker, and now that's all I use to play music at the office--so I really don't have any use for iTunes Match anymore. I turned off Auto-Renew, but the current year's membership runs through November. If iTunes Match somehow has anything to do with these songs that won't stay unchecked, then I will find a way to shut it off now!

Is that enough detail? Any suggestions will be most appreciated!

unchecked songs keep coming back as checked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.