Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CS5 to work on El Captain?

Help, Just bought a new 13" macbook pro, since my Macbook pro from early 2008 was shot.

I didn't think anything about if the new one would not be compatible with CS5. I also talked to a someone as I bought it and told them I noticed the new ones didn't have CD holders and I need to load my CS5 to it. They said nothing that it wouldn't work. I am not upgrading software for my design programs, I like CS5 on my home computer and will not upgrade to CC anytime soon since I just made this large purchase. Is there a better way to make it work? I have downloaded the Java 6 like it suggested but noticed there are issues already before I have even began to design ie just opened after downloading last night and when I closed out of the programs they forced quit. Anyone having other issues I might be concerned about? Any solutions?...Please help need to get up and running so I can do freelance to pay for this new computer!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Adobe CS5

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:19 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2016 7:42 AM in response to MelanieJDubay

I few months back I helped a colleague migrate from Mavericks to ElCap and from a first-gen Retina to a 2015 model. Amongst the large collection of added software on the origin, there was CS5. The biggest and most important components, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, the HTML editor (don't recall the name), worked, just a few of the minor tools would not start.

Note that the INSTALLERS will NOT work. So the only way I found to get CS5 on the target Mac was thru the Migration Assistant from the working previous system. If your older Mac won't boot anymore, and provided the HDD is still operational, take it out and stuff it in a external enclosure. Then you can present it to the Migration Assistant as a source and move your program (with their licensing) to the new system.

CS5 to work on El Captain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.