Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone forgets the password of WPA2Enterprise WI-fi

When i connect my iPhone to the office's wifi network it forget the password after my disconnection of it and i have to reinsert it. Why?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:52 AM

If the phone remembers the passwords of the other WiFi networks it connects to - you may want to check with your Office IT or with other people at work - it may be set to do that intentionally as per some security policy at work - also please ask the work IT people if you need to download or be given access to a "profile" for your device to retain details of the wifi connection

(The university where I teach - the iDevices and Mac do not "remember" the WiFi details)

If that is not the case

Settings - WiFi - "forget" that network

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 7:52 AM in response to Fillo22

If the phone remembers the passwords of the other WiFi networks it connects to - you may want to check with your Office IT or with other people at work - it may be set to do that intentionally as per some security policy at work - also please ask the work IT people if you need to download or be given access to a "profile" for your device to retain details of the wifi connection

(The university where I teach - the iDevices and Mac do not "remember" the WiFi details)

If that is not the case

Settings - WiFi - "forget" that network

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

May 4, 2016 8:00 AM in response to ManSinha

I work for the IT office but with my colleagues i can't find out a solution. It happens also with the other IOS devices but not always. For example i insert the password on monday and the iPhone tell me to reinsert it on friday. The following week the iPhone ask me to reinsert the the password every 1/2 hours.

iPhone forgets the password of WPA2Enterprise WI-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.