Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp messages missing randomly

I am facing strange issue on iphone 6s iOS 9.3.1 with latest version of whatsapp installed.

Randomly some of the incoming group messages are not delivered to me. I could come to know about those missing messages through my spouse phone where she is in that group.

Other observations about the problem :

I can see, repeating I can see, notification for some of the missing messages but can not find in my chat box. Some of missing messages even dont appear in push notification. Many time I see repeated push notification for same missing messages (thrice or more times) but those message don't appear in my chat window.

I re-installed whatsapp 3 times but no luck. After suggestion from apple support I reset all Settings but that too did not help.

Please let me know if any one has faced such issue and if any solution of the problem.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2017 9:54 PM

Hello Mahesh, were you able to solve the problem? I'm seeing this issue since couple of days now. Also in addition, I'm observing that there are many duplicates in the group membership. Most members including me, appear twice in the group membership screen.

2 replies

May 5, 2016 11:39 AM in response to maheshfromjaipur

Hello there, maheshfromjaipur.

It sounds like you are seeing unexpected behavior from the WhatsApp application on your iPhone. The following Knowledge Base article provides some great recommendations for troubleshooting:

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Check for iOS and app updates

1. Make sure that you're using latest version of iOS.
  2. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  3. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  4. If asked, enter your Apple ID password.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

Install another app from the App Store

Try installing a different app that you don't have on your device. Find a free app from the App Store, and remember to use the same Apple ID that you used to download the app that you're having issues with.

Delete and reinstall the app

1. Tap and hold the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the User uploaded file on the app.
    User uploaded file
  3. Press the Home button.
  4. Go to the App Store and download the app again.
  5. Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.

Contact the app developer

If you see this issue again, contact the app developer for help:

1. Find the app in the App Store.
  2. Tap the app, then tap Reviews.
  3. Underneath App Store Customer Reviews, tap App Support.
    User uploaded file

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

Whatsapp messages missing randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.