Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to El Capitan...Have problem with Aircard

I updated to El Capitan today.

However, after doing this, my internet plugin stick is no longer working.

To explain further:

1. I plug in stick

2. CD symbol shows up (underneath says "AIS_Aircard")

3. I double click AIS_Aircard

4. I proceed on steps to install (prior to el capitan, a small screen would show up, and I would simply click connect and be connected to internet...however this wasn't possible since installing el capitan)

5. "The Installation failed. The installer could not install software. The Installer could not install the software because there was no software to install"

6. I uninstallled AIS Aircard

7. I attempted to install AIS Aircard again

8. "The Installation failed. The installer could not install software. The Installer could not install the software because there was no software to install"

Anyone have tips or ideas to help?

Thank You

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 6:44 AM

5 replies

May 4, 2016 11:36 PM in response to soxfan7

I went to AIS support. The device (Aircard) is not compatible with El Capitan, and there are no "updated drivers" avaliable on AIS or any other internet service provider where I stay.

Can I downgrade to a prior Mac Update (yosemite etc.) that was compatible with my device? How can I do this? I don't see that option avaliable in app store.

Or is there another option I'm missing?

Thanks for your help

May 5, 2016 8:42 AM in response to soxfan7

Can I downgrade to a prior Mac Update (yosemite etc.) that was compatible with my device? How can I do this? I don't see that option avaliable in app store.

Yes, you can "downgrade" by installing a fresh copy of OS X Yosemite by first erasing El Capitan. You can then restore any data from a Time Machine backup made previously when OS X Yosemite was installed.

(ref: Revert back to Yosemite from El Capitan - Macworld UK)

Updated to El Capitan...Have problem with Aircard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.