Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I synced my iPad and now all my photos are gone

I have the first addition of the iPad, I recently synced my iPad to my mac pro, when I did so, it updated with the most recent photos - but how do I access the old photos that were on it first?

I've looked at my iCloud account to try to see if they are there to pull up, but I am having no luck? Any suggestions are welcomed!

iPad

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 5:59 AM

Each time you sync photos from your Mac Pro to your iPad, it replaces any photos that were there already and not still selected to be synced..

I would expect that if you were syncing only from your Mac Pro to your iPad, those photos are still on your Mac Pro somewhere.

If you have the first generation iPad, you are likely not able to use iCloud Photo services. It requires iOS 8.x and later and you would only have 5.x I believe.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 5:59 AM in response to Mtapia91

Each time you sync photos from your Mac Pro to your iPad, it replaces any photos that were there already and not still selected to be synced..

I would expect that if you were syncing only from your Mac Pro to your iPad, those photos are still on your Mac Pro somewhere.

If you have the first generation iPad, you are likely not able to use iCloud Photo services. It requires iOS 8.x and later and you would only have 5.x I believe.

I synced my iPad and now all my photos are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.