Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I add memory to my 15 inch MacBook Pro Retina?

I've seen some confusing posts about adding memory to a 15inch MacBook Pro with retina display. It is a late 2013 model and currently has the below specs:

User uploaded file

Is it possible to add memory to this computer?

Thanks in advance for your help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 15 inch; late 2013 Model

Posted on May 4, 2016 8:08 AM

2 replies

Jun 20, 2017 11:54 AM in response to Rachel Schenck

Sadly, it’s now hard to add memory to a Mac. The RAM is soldered to the logic board and cannot be (easily) upgraded later.

None of Apples current product line will “allow” upgrades. Therefore, when purchasing future Mac products I strongly recommend getting the maximum amount of memory and hard drive space at the time of purchase that they will sell you. How ever you buy a Mac, it is the way it shall remain. I know people that have thrown their Macs in the trash and purchased new ones to get more memory / storge.

Is it possible to solder new bigger RAM? Maybe.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/243555/solder-new-ram-in-a-2015-retina -macbook-pro

Can I add memory to my 15 inch MacBook Pro Retina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.