Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar keeps showing 17 JUL

The calendar icon always shows its default date (17 JUL) unless I click on it, which opens the calendar. While the calendar is open it properly shows today's date (i.e. 4th May) but as soon as I quit the calendar it's back to 17 JUL.

Can someone please help me get it back to how it used to be - showing the current date.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:31 AM

The iCal calendar application was introduced by Steve Jobs on July 17, 2002. That's why the icon shows July 17 when closed.

User uploaded file

5 replies

May 4, 2016 8:26 AM in response to makey

When Calendar is not running it has the 17 in its standard Icon. When it is running, another icon is showing which has the actual date on it and a point underneath is showing in the Dock to indicate that it is running.

Compare the Mail icon: when Mail is not running (quit from the menu) it does show an icon that is just only the Mail app icon, nothing on it. When Mail is running it displays in red the number of unread mails.

Lex

Calendar keeps showing 17 JUL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.