Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not downloading or updating

I recently updated to iOS 9.3.1 and dicoveref that my apps cannot download or update. If I click 'Update' or 'Get', the app will be displayed as 'waiting' on the home screen, but will not start to download. I have restarted my iPhone a few times without success. It is an iPhone 5s that is about 2 years old.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 5:30 AM

Try resetting the App Store:

Close the App Store completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the App Store preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the App Store pane by scrawling to the left.

Then sign out of the iTunes Store (in Settings).

Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Then sign back into the iTunes Store.

Also try going to Settings > General > Restrictions > and make sure that the iTunes Store, Installing Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-App Purchases are all under the Allow section. Test installing again.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2016 5:30 AM in response to Ohend

Try resetting the App Store:

Close the App Store completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the App Store preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the App Store pane by scrawling to the left.

Then sign out of the iTunes Store (in Settings).

Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Then sign back into the iTunes Store.

Also try going to Settings > General > Restrictions > and make sure that the iTunes Store, Installing Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-App Purchases are all under the Allow section. Test installing again.

Apps not downloading or updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.