Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change printer default paper source

Hello,

At my workplace we have a number of iMac desktops which can all connect to various network printers.

One of our printer is always used to print on high quality paper via the cassette instead of the paper roll.

At my pc the default paper source is always set to 'cassette', no matter which program I use to access the printer. I don't have to go into the settings the manually change it. I also didn't have to create a preset. The default setting is 'cassette'.

Now the problem we have is the following. The default paper source at my coworkers iMacs is always set to 'paper roll'. They always need to go into the settings to manually change paper source.

My question is, how do I permanently change to paper source from 'paper roll' to 'cassette'? so that we don't have to bother with manually changing the settings or creating various presets every time (a network issues causes presets to disappear from time to time).

Thanks in advance!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on May 4, 2016 8:59 AM

2 replies

Change printer default paper source

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.