Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All local music deleted from iPhone SE 9.3.1

I was listening to music on my SE when all of a sudden the music stopped. I opened up the Music app to see what happened, and all of my local music had vanished. My device still shows my iTunes purchases that can be streamed, but the music I had synced to my device was gone. I restarted my phone to see if it was just a visual bug - it is not.

General > About says I have zero songs.

General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage no longer shows any amount of music on my device.

What happened??

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:54 AM

5 replies

Jun 13, 2016 2:04 PM in response to jeffcarbine

Exact same issue here... new Iphone SE ( looking at the forums from the last few years this problem seems device independent) I was listening to music on Monday at the airport when it suddenly stopped. I took out my phone and went into the music app and zero music all local music deleted ( there was 20GB plus of music on my phone ). No music showed up even that in the cloud

Did a forced Reset and at that the cloud music showed up again ( not really helpful) but all local music was gone.

Doubly annoying as I had just updated my music ahead of traveling for a week and now have no music all week. THANKS APPLE (NOT)

All local music deleted from iPhone SE 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.