Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Keyboard typing random letter

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro and out of nowhere 2 days ago the keyboalrd starting actinlg strange. If i clickl the "L" key, nolthing happelns, but while I am typling ilt wi randolmy add the letter to what I am typlilng. I am typling thils on my mac as we spelak and am notl golilng to edilt my poslt that muchl so that youl guys can have an Idea olf what ils goling onl. ILt is ilmpolssibe tol get wolrkl donle ilke tlhis. I think it happens moslt often onl letters clolse to "L" onl the keyboarld. lllllllllllllllllllThanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 4, 2016 8:45 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 3:00 PM in response to bhockey95

Hi bhockey95,

I can see how difficult it is for you to type with the keyboard on your MacBook Pro. The first thing I would suggest is to reset the SMC and VRAM on your MacBook Pro. If the issue persists, try connecting an external USB keyboard to isolate the issue to the hardware on your computer. If you have an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider near you, they can physically inspect your MacBook and make recommendations based on their findings.

Take care,

Macbook Pro Keyboard typing random letter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.