Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple home button not working

Some time it does not work.

Posted on May 4, 2016 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 8:53 AM

It would seem like a hardware issue

Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

4 replies

May 4, 2016 9:00 AM in response to heathrowcarslondon.com

If there is no way to fix the button you can use the alternative of it - just turn on the Assistive Touch.

Go to Settings, choose General, then open Accessibility and scroll down to find the Assistive Touch option. After you click and turn it on you will get a white circle on your screen. Click on it and you will be able to navigate your phone with a virtual Home button.

Hope, it will help you!

May 30, 2016 12:23 AM in response to CipE

this happens to me too.

One day after upgrading new iOS then HomeButton doesnt work anymore ...

is Apple trying to force us to buy new phones?

I have just had this iphone 6s for a couple of months .... and it has always been in case and protective screen ...

maybe ... I have to look for an alternative choice of phone ..... one that is more robust and reliable not just fashionable but trouble

apple home button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.