Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i disable the camera DCIM folder when connected to a PC?

Hi, every time when i connecting my new iPhone 6s to my windows 10 pc it opens a folder with all my photos even if my phone is locked! now anyone can just take my phone and connect it to a computer and view all my photos without even needing to log into the phone first.

in android you can't do that and that's good but i couldn't find a way to disable it in the setting on my iPhone, how can i disable it? thx!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:30 AM

That is happening with your own computer because some time in the past you clicked on Trust this Computer on your iPhone and that setting is remembered. If you connect it to a different computer it should not occur.

If you want to disable that feature in your own computer, change the AutoPlay options in the Control Panel.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 9:30 AM in response to Someone261

That is happening with your own computer because some time in the past you clicked on Trust this Computer on your iPhone and that setting is remembered. If you connect it to a different computer it should not occur.

If you want to disable that feature in your own computer, change the AutoPlay options in the Control Panel.

May 4, 2016 9:38 AM in response to elcpu

lol i feel stupid now, i have another question:

i tried accessing something in my apple account and it asked me 2 security questions and i did not remember them and now i'm blocked for 8 hours, i looked for an option to change or bypass those questions but i couldn't find, is there a way to do that?

and one last question: for how long my iphone will keep getting updates? i heard that the sales is not that great is that means that the iphone 6s won't get updates for as many years as previous iphones?

how can i disable the camera DCIM folder when connected to a PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.