Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad locked up

After another "unable to Certify" on my iPad 2 yesterday and connections to my iMac for reauthorization my iPad apps cannot connect to their internet connection.

I also get good connection/sync to my iMac.

I have "Airport Utility" on the iPad and it shows a good connection to the internet indicates the iPad is connected "excellent".

I performed a network reset but all the same conditions are present.

I performed a total equipments, modem and Airport, reset with no change after booting iPad.

I note when I first started having the "certify" problem that it was mention this was a problem with iOS 9.2.x but I am on 9.3.1 and wonder if this is a carryover between the two operating systems? OR if there is a problem with the hardware of my iPad 2 in conjunction with the newer OS?

Sparkgapper

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:30 AM

7 replies

May 4, 2016 10:07 AM in response to ManSinha

I would have to go somewhere to be able to do the first part and seriously HOPE the second part is not what I have to do as I would lose too many things.

I just wish I had been advise, way back in the beginning, about the BACKUP capability to my computer but that now is not even an option since it has never been backed up.

Tks anyway

sparkgapper

May 6, 2016 6:57 AM in response to Sparkgapper

Just came across something that I do not have any idea of how it works. when I click the "Reset" button to take the iPad to manufacturers default condition, it tells me that there are item that are not in the library. I have been working through everything I can think of but unable to determine exactly what it is talking about though I did find a couple of items (eBooks) that indicate they are not in the library. The next thing would even if I could find them all, HOW do it get them into the library?

Right now, that is the only thing holding me back from doing the "reset to" operation after I finally figured out that this is only for the DATA and has nothing to do with the operating system. Reason for this confusion is the backup capability (Time Machine) inherent on my iMac that I THOUGHT was the model for all backup capabilities but evidently that is not true anymore.

Sparkgapper

May 6, 2016 4:58 PM in response to ManSinha

I had already figured that out but since I had never KNOWN about it I have no idea of how to invoke it to "save" a file/game/ebook INTO the library.

That being aside, Finally bit the bullet and did a total reset (Restore iPad) which took a while even with 1000mb WiFi capability. However, found out that the Restore data required me to update all the apps I had downloaded to my iPad PLUS add my eBooks in separately just because I had "saved" them from iPad to Library rather than saved them to the Library at download which I did not even know about.

Everything back to "normal" as can be on both my devices. i.e. iMac internal HD "restored" from external device and iPac up and running again.

Tks to all who helped on both devices.

Sparkgapper

iPad locked up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.