Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Photos to iMac

Im trying to save my photos to my iMac that automatically come over via iCloud. However when i delete the photo off my iPhone or iPad, it also deletes from my iMac. Whatever device I take the photo on, it gets shared onto all other apple devices. When i delete off one device, it deletes off all devices. Very frustrating!! Please help. I want to save all my photos and videos on my iMac and delete them off my phone and ipads to free up space. Thank you for your help.

iMac, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:09 AM

3 replies

May 4, 2016 9:14 AM in response to jebahl07

iCloud Photo Library is better thought of as a sync solution rather than storage

You may want to import the images into Photos or iPhoto (if you still have it) on your computer and then delete from iCloud

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

EDIT: Removed double links put in error

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

May 4, 2016 9:13 AM in response to jebahl07

From the iCloud Photo Library FAQ website

iCloud Photo Library stores all of your original photos and videos in iCloud, but we always recommend you keep back up copies of your Library. You can download your photos and videos from iCloud to your computer and store them as a separate library, transfer them to another computer with Image Capture or Photos, or store them on a separate drive.

Saving Photos to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.