Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do the Tables in Pages automatically become fillable?

I noticed when I export my Pages document to PDF, the tables within automatically becomes a fillable PDF (which is what I want).

Is this an automatic thing in Pages or is it my Adobe software version?

-- I want to make sure that when I send it to my clients, they are able to write into it as well.

Thank you.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 10:33 AM

No.

No release of Pages supports document forms. Although Preview may recognize PDF table cells as discrete locations for annotation, Adobe Acrobat Reader does not recognize the table cells for filling or annotation — because they are not true PDF form fields.

Once the annotations have been placed in the Preview table cells and saved, one can only select the individual annotation(s) for movement afterwards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 10:33 AM in response to luanne415

No.

No release of Pages supports document forms. Although Preview may recognize PDF table cells as discrete locations for annotation, Adobe Acrobat Reader does not recognize the table cells for filling or annotation — because they are not true PDF form fields.

Once the annotations have been placed in the Preview table cells and saved, one can only select the individual annotation(s) for movement afterwards.

May 4, 2016 10:37 AM in response to VikingOSX

Yes. I see that I can fill it in and then save it and then print it out.

Basically, I'm creating weekly grocery lists for my clients.

-- What they want to do is just fill them in and then print it out or print them out and write with a pen and take it to the grocery store.

All they need to have is Adobe Acrobat Reader right?

(they are an older audience so I need to be specific and tell them exactly what they need to do and have)

Thanks so much for your response.

Do the Tables in Pages automatically become fillable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.