Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing iTunes HRESULT 0x80070308

I just can't get this installed on my Thinkpad laptop. I keep getting the same error message even when I uninstall properly and retry.

Error message:-

User uploaded file

My system is:-

User uploaded file

Windows 7, Lenovo E535 Thinkpad

Posted on May 4, 2016 10:06 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2016 10:19 AM in response to tundrah

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitecture=..." may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for further advice if required.

tt2

May 4, 2016 10:20 AM in response to tundrah

See turingtest2's Trobshooting iTunes Windows page at:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

especially the paragraph:

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture=..." may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

Installing iTunes HRESULT 0x80070308

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.