Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my pictures keep coming back after I deleted them?

Hi,

Yesterday I deleted over 2000 pictures/videos from my Gallery (I have an iPhone 5c) because, I was running out of storage. It took me about two hours to delete all of these, and when they were finally all deleted, I luckily had storage again,
The next day (so today), ALL of the pictures and videos I deleted are all back in my Gallery. How did this happen, and how can I stop deleted pictures from coming back in my gallery?
I do have my iCloud photogallery on, for back up you know but is that a problem or? ..
If someone could please help me out because I honestly don't want those pictures anymore and they keep coming back, which gives me the problem of having no storage left.

Sincerly,

A very upset iPhone user.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 4, 2016 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2016 10:22 PM

Having the same exact problem. It's not making sense really. My phone tells me I'm running low on storag space & that I need to delete something to free up space in order for all applications to operate properly. Seeing as how my photos take up the most space (nothing else is above a gig other than snapchat) I decide to mass delete my photos. But the freaking phone is so full of storage, the photo app doesn't work properly making me unable to delete anything over like 2 photos at a time. It's honestly ridiculous. I've had cheaper phones work twice as well when operating on low storage space. Not once did any phone I had prior to this get so full of space that I was somehow unable to free up some space. Mainly bc that wouldn't make sense. Like, I'm literally being told to free up some space so my phone can operate normally but bc my phone isn't operating normally, I can't free up space. It's a conundru. how do I go about freeing up space when the best option to free up space freezes my phone and cancels out whatever it is I'm doing? & the iCloud thing doesn't apply to me. Don't even have an account set up. Honesty getting sick of this. Went through this literally just last week. Deleted 2,000 photos just to have them appear right back in my photos. I finally, after who knows how long, deleted about 1,000 of the ones that returned somehow only to have the 1.4 gb of free space I had vanish in a couple of updates & downloads. Now I'm back to square one. Whatever this problem is, it needs to be fixed. There's no reason a $600 phone should be messing up with something as simple as deleting photos to free up space.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2016 10:22 PM in response to Hayam0411

Having the same exact problem. It's not making sense really. My phone tells me I'm running low on storag space & that I need to delete something to free up space in order for all applications to operate properly. Seeing as how my photos take up the most space (nothing else is above a gig other than snapchat) I decide to mass delete my photos. But the freaking phone is so full of storage, the photo app doesn't work properly making me unable to delete anything over like 2 photos at a time. It's honestly ridiculous. I've had cheaper phones work twice as well when operating on low storage space. Not once did any phone I had prior to this get so full of space that I was somehow unable to free up some space. Mainly bc that wouldn't make sense. Like, I'm literally being told to free up some space so my phone can operate normally but bc my phone isn't operating normally, I can't free up space. It's a conundru. how do I go about freeing up space when the best option to free up space freezes my phone and cancels out whatever it is I'm doing? & the iCloud thing doesn't apply to me. Don't even have an account set up. Honesty getting sick of this. Went through this literally just last week. Deleted 2,000 photos just to have them appear right back in my photos. I finally, after who knows how long, deleted about 1,000 of the ones that returned somehow only to have the 1.4 gb of free space I had vanish in a couple of updates & downloads. Now I'm back to square one. Whatever this problem is, it needs to be fixed. There's no reason a $600 phone should be messing up with something as simple as deleting photos to free up space.

Jun 2, 2017 12:38 AM in response to blackbebop

The exact same thing happened to me to and while everyone is saying to iCloud them unfortunately I have a computer that I think could crash any minute I now only have three apps on my phone and most of them are glitchimg a lot ! I am at the stage where I am having to consider buying a new phone, even though apart from the storage everything is working out perfectly fine ! It is a big problem and I don't know what to do about it . Does anyone have any suggestions?

Why do my pictures keep coming back after I deleted them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.