Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Programming Environment on iMac

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post in so apologies if it's not. Basically, I'm a beginner programmer (Done a bit of Java but only little) and I'm wanting to learn C++/C#. I'm considering purchasing a Late 2015 5k m390 iMac to use for various reasons including programming and I found this course http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/csharp/csharp.html which looked quite good, however the recommended IDE (Visual Studio Community 2015) seems to be for Windows only.

So I'm really just wondering if anyone knows of VSC equivalents for Mac OS, preferably accompanied by some form of online teaching guide like the link mentioned? I know I could possibly use VMWare on the iMac and run it through there, would anyone know the best way to obtain some form of Windows ISO for that? Would I need to purchase a full windows license just to use it through VMWare?

Thank You

Posted on May 4, 2016 10:13 AM

2 replies

Programming Environment on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.