Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off this stupid 2 item security?

How do you turn off the stupid 2 item security? When I sign in it wants to do the double verification and send the code to your device. Unfortunately unless you have TWO devices I cent enter the code because it goes away. I thought I cancelled this on the last update BECAUSE I was on the phone with Apple support for TWO hours trying to get this very issue answered. I finally cancelled the 2 item verification but that wipes your PHONE, MAC, AND iPad from the iCloud. Never saw anything so stupid in all my life.

Also on this very page I can't change where this post is going so it get to the right community. Apple, I am quickly becoming very disappointed in your quality.

Posted on May 4, 2016 10:16 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2016 11:45 AM in response to gwendt01

Go to the bottom of this link to learn how to turn off 2FA -- Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

gwendt01 wrote:

I finally cancelled the 2 item verification but that wipes your PHONE, MAC, AND iPad from the iCloud. Never saw anything so stupid in all my life.

I was able to turn off 2SV on many occasions without it affecting my iCloud and "wiping" my devices.

How do I turn off this stupid 2 item security?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.