Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flashing horizontal line

Hi everyone,

I bought new iPhone SE a month ago. Suddenly I noticed that there is a horizontal line flashing on screen.

This black line also can be seen flashing statically when my iphone is being power on.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks,

iPhone SE

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:25 AM

In as much as you just bought this a month ago - You an try a forced restart but if that does not solve the issue I would advise you to take it back to where you purchased it from or to an Apple genius bar

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 11:25 AM in response to s_t_o_n_e

In as much as you just bought this a month ago - You an try a forced restart but if that does not solve the issue I would advise you to take it back to where you purchased it from or to an Apple genius bar

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

Aug 4, 2016 2:57 PM in response to s_t_o_n_e

I tried three iphone SEs at the Apple store today. All three of them flashed on home screen for over 1 minute. If you hard reset your iphone SE (by pressing home and sleep/wake) you may notice flashing or flickering on the screen. The screen was also ghosting on the lock and home screen; combines two images when you should see only the lock screen or home screen instead you see both at the same time (fuzzy mess).

Eastbay

flashing horizontal line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.