Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy music off of iPod?

My computer hard drive completely bit the dust recently, the information was unrecoverable. iTunes is able to retrieve music purchased through Apple but can't really help with music that was installed from albums, CDs which I no longer own because CDs seemed anarchronistic clutter. All the music is still on the iPod though. I've been doing some various searches online. Most references to this type of problem are fairly old. There are references to a "disk mode" which doesn't appear to be a feature in the current version of iTunes. There are also programs that you can purchase that do exactly what I'm looking to do. I'd rather not buy a program just to get at something that I already own, buy perhaps if it is the only way. Also somewhat complicating matters is that the iPod is so overstuffed with crap that I want to a hard reset to clean house. Can you guys help me out here?

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1, 32 GB

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 4:22 PM

Try the free iFunBox. They have both Mac and PC versions. I have used it for both Mac and PC

1 reply

How to copy music off of iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.