Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage won't activate

Hello,

I have a number of iOS devices that I cannot get iMessage to work. It seems to be a fundamental problem with my appleID as opposed to an issue with the devices, as I can get the devices to work with OTHER apple ID's, just not the apple ID that i want. Note that the apple ID i'm trying to make work worked for many months prior, and as of yesterday, signed me out of all my devices, and won't let me login anymore.

I've got an iPhone 6 version 9.2.1

iPhone 6 version 9.3.1

iPad air version 9.0.1

iPad air version 9.0

I've got about 15 other iPads but i haven't bothered booting them all up to test this as I couldn't get it to work on the first 4. Again my iMessage works fine with my other apple ID, but not the one i want to work. Any advice on what else to try?

I've followed basic steps through the "can't login article",

Which did not resolve the issue. I've done the other basic trouble shooting such as turn off, restart, turn on. Full data wipe. Using wifi or my 4g connection.

I am at a loss!

EDIT: I Should also note that iMessage does work through the phone number on the 2 phones. I can also login with the apple id into the app store and download apps. It just gives the "can't login, try again later" when i try to sign into imessage / facetime. I can login with the different appleID without issue and then immediately log out, try with the one i want, and it errors.

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:38 AM

You may want to discuss directly with Apple ID

You have done enough trouble shooting (hats off for that) to narrow it to your particular Apple ID

Contact Apple Security - Apple Support

4 replies

May 4, 2016 11:40 AM in response to ManSinha

I actually was on the phone with them for an hour yesterday and the solution essentially came down to "well i'm not sure, I can try pushing you to enterprise support". I didn't have time to talk to anyone else. I was hoping there might be something simple that I missed that someone in the community might know

I'll try seeing if i can get a senior level support / enterprise then, again.

May 4, 2016 11:51 AM in response to Draktok

Sorry - my screen glitched and I sent that one off before finishing

Try here and here

Those are Apple sites to check whether the ID itself or your password is working ok and if not a link to help change thiem

Here is the other link - I meant to put in there

If your Apple ID is locked - Apple Support

Final thought - you said you did a full data wipe - I would, if not tried, consider a full restore through iTunes on at least one of the affected devices

Restore your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

Once again - sorry about your troubles and please let us know how the issue turned out

iMessage won't activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.