Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my Macbook Pro is still under extended Applecare does it reduce the cost of replacing the battery ?

If my Macbook Pro is still under extended Applecare does it reduce the cost of replacing the battery ??

How much is typically charged for battery replacement ? (in UK)

Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:34 PM

If its a warranty or Apple Care + covered replacement instance it should be free.

Otherwise:

Mac notebooks Service Pricing - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/mac-notebooks/repair/service/pricing

13-inch/15-inch MacBook Pro£99 inc. VAT
4 replies

May 4, 2016 1:28 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks. I did not mean if there were some fault with the battery. Batteries have a finite life and I was just wondering if, when the battery came to the end of it's life after so many recharge cycles (1,000 recharge cycles?) it would be cheaper to take the laptop into the Apple store and pay Apple to replace the battery if it is still under (extended) Applecare warranty (extended from 1 year to 3 years) than if I had not bothered to pay for Applecare extended warranty.

(Obviously that would give the owner added incentive to buy extended Applecare)

I haven't extended the Applecare yet but am considering it.

May 25, 2016 5:58 AM in response to Chris_Sutton1964

I own several expensive Mac Pro silver towers. they do not have Applecare.

All of our Apple notebook computers have had Applecare. I would never dream of owning a portable computer without an Applecare plan. It runs on batteries, and you can subject ito to tremendous G-forces just in moving it about in daily use.

In addition to the obvious written benefits, I have personally found that if you encounter any sort of gray area involving discretion of the Apple store employees or store manager, these situations tend to break your way when you have paid for Applecare AND your Mac does not seem "beat up".

I think this is because you are seen to have done "everything possible" to take care of your computer. It seems Apple will be slightly more likely to take care of you.

If my Macbook Pro is still under extended Applecare does it reduce the cost of replacing the battery ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.