Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to export or edit certain photos in Photos

I want to export some photos from the standard program Photos on my mac, but nothing works. I can't even put them in my iCloud, my documents or edit them in Photos. I did find out all the photos I have problems with are taken with my old iPhone 4, but I don't see why nothing works and I'm getting really frustrated.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:59 PM

5 replies

May 5, 2016 3:32 AM in response to ManSinha

When I tried to share the whole album to dropbox or my documents I get the message: export completed with faults. Beneath that are stated all the photos that weren't exported with the message: can't load image. When I tried to share them through mail, iCloud etc, nothing happens. I also can't drag them to a place (like my desktop) outside the program Photos.

May 5, 2016 4:22 AM in response to dlg1994

If you cannot export the image or open it to edit then the image is damaged. I've not delved deeply into Photos yet but I have figured out that each photo has at least two copies - one is the original full size imported image and the other is a thumbnail image you see in Moments. My educated guess is you have only a good thumbnail but either the original full size image is missing or damaged. I suggest that you back up the computer, delete the affected images, and try to import them again from the iPhone (assuming they are still on the iPhone).

May 5, 2016 5:22 AM in response to dlg1994

If you can see the large image and if it doesn’t appear pixelated then perhaps you do have the original image and there’s something else going on. There are a couple Photos mavens here but you are most likely to attract their attention in the Photos forum so I’m going to request this post be relocated where they can find it.

Unable to export or edit certain photos in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.