Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV2 not does not mirror

I have just bought an Apple TV2 and it doesn't mirror the picture. The sound works on the TV and my other Apple TV3 works fine! Another problem iis the software update can't be down loaded.

I have looked through all of the settings and made sure everything is on and ipad and apple TV are on the same network.

Help!!

AppleTV 2

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:49 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2016 3:03 PM in response to TRiP11

Hi, it sounds like your ATV 2 has no network connection. Please check the items here Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Have you enabled AirPlay on the new ATV?

Have you given the new ATV a different name?

Review the suggestions here Get help with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What device are you AirPlaying from?

Sometimes there's a problem with AirPlay between WiFi and ethernet. How are your device and ATV connected to the network?

May 11, 2016 1:48 PM in response to Vinceassociate

you guys rock!!

Steps taken for Apple TV not mirroring or updating software

1. Ask for help on Apple Support Community

2. Purchase USB to micro USB cable for £2.49

3. Disconnect power supply of Apple TV 2

4. Connect other end of cable to iMac

5. Open iTunes

6. Select restore Apple TV

7. Once complete , reconnect Apple TV to television

8. Set up Apple TV again

9. Mirror favourite "animals eating other animals" BBC documentary

10. Enjoy!

Apple TV2 not does not mirror

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.