Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac cant print 2 sided: sending multiple documents to print

I have a mac mini in an office environment that will not print two-sided. All the other mac minis on the same network can print two-sided to the same printer with the same exact driver and settings.

Looking at the print queue and the printer log, the mac mini in question is sending a separate print job for each page of the document.

I have tried resetting the printing system, printing to other printers, printing from other apps, and I get the same result every time. Trying to print a two-page document sends 2 one-page documents to the printer.

2014 Mac mini

Yosemite

Konica Minolta Bizhub c554e printer with PS driver

Tried printing from Word, Chrome, Safari, and Pages

Same result on an HP LaserJet P2055 with Duplexer

What is going on here?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on May 4, 2016 1:28 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2016 2:23 PM in response to membc

Select Show Details in the OS X Print panel.

User uploaded file

There are only two places that control duplex printing in your printer. The above location, and a default setting in the printer that can be set with vendor specific printer software, or a printer web management interface. Is there software in play that says only specified clients can print to this printer in duplex?

mac cant print 2 sided: sending multiple documents to print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.