Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes not syncing between iOS 9 iPhone and MacBook Pro with El Capitan

My MacBook Notes sync to iCloud with no problems. However, Notes won sync to on my iOS 9 device (iPhone 6 Plus).

Notes is activated in my iCloud settings on the iPhone. I have tried to reset the connection to no avail. I upgraded Notes on my device when the option was presented. Still nothing. Not notes. I created a test note on the device. It does not show up online or on my MacBook.

Running El Capitan on the Mac Book, syncing online. Can see all the notes from MacBook online and it syncs when I add new notes. The issue seems to be with iCloud and my Notes app on the iOS device.

Posted on May 4, 2016 1:01 PM

4 replies

May 4, 2016 1:23 PM in response to Tousi

On your Mac open System Preferences > iCloud. Deselect the box next to Notes then re select it.

On your iPhone, tap Settings > iCloud then toggle Notes OFF then back ON.

Give iCloud a few minutes to re sync your Notes.

BTW, you can check iCloud system status anytime here > https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

If nothing above helped, make sure your Mac's OS X software is up today.

Click your Apple top left in your screen.

From the drop down menu click About this Mac

Make sure the Overview tab is selected then click Software Update.

Your Mac may restart several times during the update process. That’s ok.

And on your iPhone. Tap Settings > General > Software Update

Jul 28, 2016 4:21 PM in response to Tousi

Faced the exact same problem with Notes. I have the recently upgraded OS X 10.11.6 (MacBook Pro mid2012) and iOS 9.3.3(iPhone4S 16GB). Syncing between both was good but since the last week changes made on my iPhone Notes did not reflect on the other device. I checked that the Notes on iCloud.com (web) was in sync with my MBPro but not with my iPhone.

I did all troubleshooting which includes going to Settings ... iCloud ... selecting/deselecting options etc. but in vain.

Eventually, I realised that since the past week I was also being notified of 'Storage space' warnings on my iPhone (~150MB available)

Cleared upto 1GB of space and after about an hour/two I saw updates from Notes app getting reflected in both devices.

Try this, might help but NOTE that it really takes time for syncing to fall in place.

I checked adding/deleting notes thereafter, now its quick and seamless !

Notes not syncing between iOS 9 iPhone and MacBook Pro with El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.