Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer becomes unusably slow with thunderbolt dock and displays attached.

I have a MacBook Pro retina 15" mid 2012. I have 2 Apple Cinema displays one connected directly through one thunderbolt port and the other connected through a Matrox dock.

A few days ago, the computer suddenly became unusably slow. I had to do something in another room, so I shut the computer down and did it in the other room. I thought the problem was fixed until yesterday when I was working in my office again. Things slowed down noticeably but I managed to get some work done. Today it was being frustratingly slow again so I tried unplugging the monitors and doc. System became responsive again. Plugged back in, and things like spreading windows apart were painfully slow. Unplugged and now fast again. So it does appear to be a hardware issue. I'll have to do some tests to figure out exactly which piece of hardware is the culprit, but has anyone else had a similar experience or know of a possible easy fix?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 4, 2016 1:01 PM

There are no replies.

My computer becomes unusably slow with thunderbolt dock and displays attached.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.