Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apps that worked perfectly fine today are now greyed out when i connected to wifi and i cannot delete the app, and it just says "waiting" please help

HI so i recently did a restore from my old iPhone 5s to a new 5s.

on doing this i had to install all my apps again as usual, i did this over wifi and then had to leave my place and obviously they could not download properly. once all apps were downloaded perfectly fine, today my one app went grey and when i tapped on it, it said waiting??

on further inspection i went to my app store and searched for said app to see if i could download the app again and it just said "open" and when i clicked on open it did nothing.

i have also tried to delete the application and i cannot.

please advise on what to do as this app has important information and i need it urgently.

kind regards

William

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:56 PM

It would appear that you have an app or two "Stuck" in the download phase

There are a couple of ways of dealing with this - they are summarized in this thread

Downloading apps stuck on waiting...

11 replies

May 4, 2016 1:02 PM in response to wgoose1008

Try resetting the App Store:

Close the App Store completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the App Store preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the App Store pane by scrawling to the left.

Then sign out of the iTunes Store (in Settings).

Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Then sign back into the iTunes Store.

See if the app is gone or if you can delete and reinstall it now.

apps that worked perfectly fine today are now greyed out when i connected to wifi and i cannot delete the app, and it just says "waiting" please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.