Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage almost Full message appearing constantly on my iPhone 6

Hi All,

Now this is kinda weird !!

I have 64gb of Iphone 6 & all I have data coming in is from Whatspp. Now, I have disable the automatic download settings in whatsapp to "Never". I had limited space and ever day I was getting message as

So i started cleaning my whatsapp, it helped me recover 1 gb space. I tried doing icloud back and kept my iphone aside, after an hour i got message iclould backup failed, and my storage become 0mb from 1gb. Now i dont know who has eaten up this space in iphone.

Need expertise in this.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 12:45 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2016 12:48 PM in response to desaitejas

First try a Forced Restart:

Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. You will not lose anything.

If that does not help you may have to do a system restore:

Restore:

First backup your device using iTunes. Then import your photos to your computer and copy all important data. Try restoring from backup first and testing it. If it does not help, you may have to restore as New and reconfigure from scratch as the backup could be corrupted. For this reason it is important to have your photos and data saved separately from the backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

May 5, 2016 4:14 AM in response to desaitejas

Dear All,

My major issue is with storage on my Iphone 6 64gb. As I have mentioned, i have icloud back-up on on my iphone, is there any way, when the data is getting backup'ed the data from icloud sever comes downs and goes up. Also, in photo stream, is that when backup is in process, some photos are downloaded in photo stream too.

1] If I select Photo Stream to Off - will my photos get deleted from Icloud backup.

2] I have 64gb of Iphone 6 & all I have data coming in is from Whatspp. Now, I have disable the automatic download settings in whatsapp to "Never". I had limited space and ever day I was getting message as "Storage almost Full message appearing constantly on my iPhone 6". So I started cleaning my whatsapp, it helped me recover 1 gb space. I tried doing icloud back and kept my iphone aside, after an hour i got message iclould backup failed, and my storage become 0mb from 1gb. Now I dont know who has eaten up this space in iphone. Need to know where did that 1gb space went ?? Need expertise in this.

3] Also, to do a Icloud back what is the minimum space requirement ?

Please help me answer all this queries.

Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.