Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil Map App

I need a map app like Google or Apple Maps which I can use the Apple Pencil to draw routes etc with. I have not been able to use either of the previous two with Apple Pencil. Am I doing something wrong as the Pencil works fine otherwise. Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 5, IOS 5 on both IPhone & IPad.

Posted on May 4, 2016 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2018 7:38 PM

This doesn't work on an iDevice.

That procedure only works on Macs and the Mac OS.

Sorry.

If you are going to start posting in these Apple Support Communities, you need to provide accurate info.

The way to take a screenshot on ANY iDevice is to hold the sleep/wake button, then quickly tap the iDevice’s Home Button.

The screenshot ends up in the iOS Photos app.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2018 7:38 PM in response to bellatonic

This doesn't work on an iDevice.

That procedure only works on Macs and the Mac OS.

Sorry.

If you are going to start posting in these Apple Support Communities, you need to provide accurate info.

The way to take a screenshot on ANY iDevice is to hold the sleep/wake button, then quickly tap the iDevice’s Home Button.

The screenshot ends up in the iOS Photos app.

May 4, 2016 2:04 PM in response to telwell

Lucky you. I find no Map.app like you describe.

I can think of a workaround...

1. screenshot or save image of the map from whatever source
  2. annotate as you see fit in your image editor app of choice

It won't be "alive" like Google Maps where you can "get directions" then drag points on the route around (I would MUCH prefer that to DIY drawing anyway) 😉

Apple Pencil Map App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.