Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how long does it take to my ipod to connect the itune after placing it to disk mode?

how long does it take to my ipod to connect the itune after placing it to disk mode?

my ipod shows "do not disconnect" for half hour already, but my itune still cannot detect my ipod (as itune will pop up after i connect my ipod usually).

iPod classic

Posted on May 4, 2016 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 12:40 AM

What is your actual question? Why are you connecting the iPod to your computer in Disk Mode?

Also, it would be helpful to know if you use a Mac or Windows PC? If Windows, what version?

If iTunes does not open automatically (when you connect the iPod), what happens when you launch it manually?

3 replies

May 5, 2016 12:41 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

After I charged it, it cannot switch on. So i tried to reset it, but it did not help. And the apple logo shown, and then a big cross appeared with the apple support website for iPod.

i tried to search for different methods from youtube, but it did not help as well, since my itune could not detect my ipod when it is connect.

Therefore i put my ipod to disk mode and the diagnostics mode, the ipod display "connect with itune to restore",but my itune cannot detect my ipod.

I am using mac, the itune and my mac is with the newest version of software.

May 5, 2016 3:48 AM in response to jo737

When you get that error screen after you do a Reset on the iPod, the cause is often a faulty hard drive. Putting it into Disk Mode is the right thing to try. iTunes should already be running when you connect the iPod. However, if iTunes does not detect the iPod, the iPod's hard drive may not be working at all, so there is nothing to connect for iTunes.

In Disk Mode, what does the iPod's screen say (or have on it) immediately after connecting the iPod to the Mac (with iTunes running)?

You should confirm the USB docking cable is good. Try a difference cable (if you have one), or use the current cable with another Apple device, to confirm it works properly.

Also, connect the iPod (in Disk Mode) with iTunes NOT running. Run Disk Utility. Does the iPod appear in Disk Utility's sidebar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.