Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased a new IPAD Pro for my wife. I have an IPAD AIR 2 already on the network. How do i keep from syncing everything to the new IPAD PRO

I just purchased a new IPAD Pro for my wife. I already have an IPAD Air 2 on the network. How do I keep everything from syncing to the IPAD Pro from the network?

iOS 7.1.1, iPad Retina

Posted on May 4, 2016 1:56 PM

7 replies

May 4, 2016 2:40 PM in response to Noodles617

I have two iPads listed in my iMac iTunes: the old one (which had my full name) and the new one (which I immediately renamed while setting it up). Both are used with the same Apple ID. I kept both listed until I had had the new one for about 2 weeks and was ready to sell the old one. There was no problem accessing either backup during that time. I do not know if this makes a difference, but I do NOT have automatic syncing enabled - I sync manually.

I just purchased a new IPAD Pro for my wife. I have an IPAD AIR 2 already on the network. How do i keep from syncing everything to the new IPAD PRO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.