Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn't Adobe Flash Player working? Is it something to do with El Capitan

I just bought an iMac, and all of a sudden my Adobe Flash Player via Safari stopped working. I have tried downloading the updates, but I still can't watch anything online that requires Adobe Flash.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 4, 2016 3:16 PM

13 replies

May 4, 2016 3:56 PM in response to Sam.J.C

When a Flash Player version becomes outdated, Safari or Firefox will pop a small dialog to let you know. Since a well-known scam site does this too, you should not click the Safari dialog, but just go directly to the official Adobe Flash site.

No browser, or System Preferences can be running during the Flash Player installation. When the installation is complete, you will be directed to the general Adobe site. You are done.

In Safari Preferences : Security : Internet plug-ins: Check Allow Plug-ins, and then click Plug-in Settings… √ Adobe Flash Player and When visiting other websites, select Allow. Additionally, Flash Player may offer a Currently Open Websites panel (e.g. here in the discussions.apple.com site), which I have checked to Allow. Here is what mine looks like:

User uploaded file

Once you click Done, quit and relaunch Safari. You should have an operational Adobe Flash Player now.

Jun 17, 2016 10:42 AM in response to dialabrain

I am having install issues for the first time, and since this POS software is updated _daily_ it seems, I have updated Flash dozens of times on dozens of Os's This one is not working. Downloaded the installer from Adobe twice with same result.

Updates fail once mounted and after clicking the installer. The icon bounces for about 3 minutes then the installer hangs and must be forced to quit. El Capitan System Preferences reported version 21.0.0.242 for both plugin types, NPAPI and PPAPI.

Seems Adobe is sending out 21.0.0.192, which seems backward in time. I uninstalled Flash using Adobe's uninstaller and get the same result on install. So now I have no flash and no ability to install it.

Why isn't Adobe Flash Player working? Is it something to do with El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.