Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am already in airplay mirroring so why does the following message keep coming up. "video streming in SQ is not supported for airplay|(non mirroring). Please switch to auto streaming mode or switch to airplay mirroring"

I am already in airplay mirroring so why does the following message keep coming up. "video streming in SQ is not supported for airplay|(non mirroring). Please switch to auto streaming mode or switch to airplay mirroring"

Apple TV, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 2:32 PM

4 replies

Sep 25, 2016 9:29 AM in response to petroloss

This is a couple months old, but will offer my answer in case someone has the same problem as I just did.

I Received this same error while trying to stream my Slingbox video.

what I noticed was that the error popped when I was streaming, not simply mirroring, which suggested the error was with the video source ( Slingbox).

in the Slingbox app under SETTINGS is a VIDEO QUALITY and there are 2 sets of options -- CELLULAR (top) and WIFI (bottom). My wifi (what I was using) was set to SQ quality. Changing to AUTO fixed and the error went away.

good luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.